Experienced Delivery Manager
For consideration, please email your resume to email@example.com. (candidates only, no recruiters please)
First Retail’s Consulting team implements the technology architectures that produce innovative software solutions for our industry partners. This long term consulting role with a leading eCommerce company. Consultant will work within the client organization and be responsible for defining the end to end delivery of a corporate intranet project. This role will require design, strategy, vendor selection and management, budgetary control and the managing the technical implementation and roll-out of this project.
The role breaks down as follows: Strategy, Forecasting and Reporting (15%); Product Development & Management (75%); and Leadership (10%)
- Preferred engineering background with hands on coding and project delivery experience
- Product Management and Program Management is highly desirable demonstrating ownership of a complete product
- Excellent strategic and analytical/problem-solving skills – ability to synthesize information across a wide variety of disciplines
- Strong general business knowledge base and the ability to successfully navigate with senior management of a large organization
- Experience of having implemented best practice in online user experience and experience in implementing and using online analytics
- Financial management skills for negotiation, contracting and project budgeting with third party vendors and internal delivery teams.
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Education to Bachelor's degree with MBA preferred
- 12+ years of related work experience required
- 5+ years of business management/supervisory experience
- Solid understanding of technology, platform projects and product management
- Large scale site building experience preferred
- Demonstrated track record in successfully managing complex projects with multiple partners/customers and aggressive time lines
Key Responsibilities include:
- Driving the vision and long term strategy all internal web properties
- Management of production budget and finances related to site development
- Sourcing and evaluating suppliers and managing the final vendor selection process
- Responsible for ensuring maintenance/adherence corporate guidelines and ensuring accurate implementation by 3rd party vendors.
- Manage end-to-end product development site lifecycle and co-ordinate between agencies, technology providers and internal teams.
- Create and communicate product roadmaps and win support from all stakeholder groups
- Manage Engineering, QA, Integration and Implementation of the entire project
- Mainly Bay Area, CA but some travel to other corporate offices and suppliers inside the US will be required