Database Software Engineers
Consulting basis | Multiple Opening
Client has an immediate need for a Database Software Engineer to join their financial services company Engineering organization.
Want to work with Big Data using both relational and non-relational database technologies? Work on platforms to process real-time financial data and crunch analytics to manage and improve business, including deployments of Hadoop and messaging middleware to create a real-time, rich analytics based data platform.
For consideration, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. (candidates only, no recruiters please)
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead, participate in gathering business requirements, analysis of source systems, define underlying data sources and transformation requirements, design suitable data model, and develop metadata for the Data Warehouse/Analytical Reporting
- Prepare Technical Design / Specifications; develop routines for data extraction and loading
- Critically think, hands on development, and attention to detail from analysis through implementation and post-production
- Provide production support and administration of the reporting platform
- Demonstrate passion for quality and productivity by use of efficient development techniques, standards and guidelines
- Support and enhance a custom Enterprise Reporting platform that is built on Java
- Collaborate within a central team that consists of employees and consultants
- Work with project leads, analysts, and business users to understand business processes and translate them into functional and non-functional specifications for reporting solutions
- Assist project managers with project management related tasks including estimation, resource allocation, task distribution, delivery management, risk management and other project management tasks.
- Assist in reporting governance by developing and documenting guidelines and best practices while staying on top of latest reporting trends and technologies.
- Development of reports for Data Repository
- Strong Computer science background required. A Bachelor's degree or higher in computer science is required with a minimum of 5+ years of industry experience.
- 4+ years in working with large data sets and analyzing data
- Experience data warehousing projects with full life cycle experience in implementation and support of DW Solutions
- Must have extensive knowledge in ETL
- Data warehouse techniques such as Star Schema
- Design and coding skills in Perl, shell script, XML
- Knowledge of tuning and scaling in a Data warehouse environment is highly desired
Desired Skills and Competencies:
- Good technical expertise and strong business skills, as he/she will be the lead in delivering Business Intelligence solutions
- Must be aware of testing process and DW implementation methodologies
- Strong customer focus, ownership, urgency and drive
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Experience in Data modeling and Data Quality tool
- California, Menlo Park