Our client is a long established retailer with over a billion dollars in revenue through stores and ecommerce. For 2019 the leadership team has created an ambitious product roadmap across customer loyalty, ecommerce and marketing analytics. We are now seeking solid a competent senior program manager oversee a portfolio of projects.
In this role you will gain experience of managing a high profile ecommerce and marketing portfolio working closely with the leadership team, the directors and their teams. This is a consulting role working as part of a long-term ecommerce roadmap delivery program.
- Managing the entire portfolio of projects for the Ecommerce and Marketing organizations
- Responsible for planning and execution of strategic and tactical ecommerce and marketing projects
- Accountable for the development and delivery of Project Management needed to support projects
- Carry out high level project sizing and oversight for execution by internal teams or external vendors
- Detailed project planning, budget estimation and management, resource planning and assessment, financial planning and risk assessment
- Socializing and implementing Project Management best practices, and where appropriate the proficient use of industry standard tools, technologies, and methodologies
- Performs the role as the owner of the financial position of all managed projects
- Ensuring that applicable regulatory directives are complied with e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley, current privacy legislation.
- 5+ years of Program Management experience, an Application Development or Technical Project Management background would be helpful
- Project Management Institutes’ (PMI) and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification a plus; MBA a plus
- Strong skills in project planning, budget estimation and management, resource planning and assessment, financial planning and risk assessment
- Strong knowledge of Project Management Methodology and Tools (e.g. MS Project, Visio, Agile, SDLC etc.) with a strong knowledge of Project Management Disciplines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong expectation management, influencing and conflict resolution skills
- Proven ability to collaborate across various groups, build relationships and manage effectively in a matrix organization
- Skill and desire to motivate teams and coach and train business system analysts and lower level project managers
- Advanced knowledge of process evaluation and selection of products, tools, services and infrastructure components in line with an organization’s business needs and architectural principles
- Understanding of Ecommerce, Payments Processing and OMS desired Understanding of Payment processing systems & PCI desired
- Well-organized, detail oriented, has great communication skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment
Demonstrated ability to select and manage external vendors
Our client is located in the San Francisco Bay Area – East Bay
Why work for First Retail
You will be working as part of a highly experienced and focused consulting team. We combine the disciplines of product management, program management and enterprise architecture to provide our clients with best practice solution design and delivery. Our domain expertise covers retail and B2B ecommerce, financial services, high technology, business intelligence and big data. We generally work with global and national enterprises, and the projects that we are involved in are key to corporate strategy and generally have executive sponsorship and good exposure.